These events are at the heart of our project. Students can only discover so much about another country and its people through virtual reality. Face-to-face contact in order to work on a common project in international workshops is so much more enriching. The project will allow each partner country to bring its culture, its mentality, its strengths and its weaknesses to the project and to enhance and enrich it in its own way. The students will be able to practice their language skills with each other on a day to day basis and create resources together in a common language that can be seen and used and appreciated by many others once their work is finished. Our hope is that the students will want to prolong their collaboration and meet up again with each other at some future point. The project will bring three very different communities together and be beneficial to them on many different levels.
We believe that al these learning, teaching or training activities will help us to fulfill the achievement of the project objectives.
At the students’ level:
– to make the students better understand the cultural differences of the Europe they are living in;
– to develop the students’ capacities to understand the contemporary society and to avoid the preconceived ideas;
– to encourage the students’ creativity
– to develop in the students a civilised behaviour, showing respect, tolerance and openness towards different cultures and opinions;
– to improve the group – working methods and to encourage the team spirit;
– to enhance a better cooperation and understanding between the students and the teachers;
– to make them integrate into the European context.
At the teachers’ level:
– to change the teachers’ ways of thinking/mentality on a longer period of time by their coming into contact with such a cultural diversity;
– to consider the cultural diversity as a source to enrich their own personal and professional experiences and not as an impediment in the education of the children they are working with;
– to develop at teachers abilities to educate students concerning the diversity at an European level about sustainable development
– to improve the pedagogical and managerial skills through the integration of the theme in the school curriculum;
– to improve the teaching methods and techniques by sharing them with the partners and adapting them to the specificity of each partner’s didactic technology;
– an active participation to a project for 3 years;
– the development of the teachers’ abilities to use a foreign language as well as of the new communicative technologies;
– a better, more effective relationship with the colleagues, the students, their families, with the representatives of the local community, in general.
At the participating institutions’ level:
– the promoting of some inclusive polices as guide marks in the development of the partner schools;
– the creation of an inclusive, friendly atmosphere, able to insure the harmonious development of all the students, without any discrimination;
– the development of school capacity of involving itself into European projects;
– the improvement of school curriculum due to the introduction of new thematic lessons
– the achievement of a change of experience in school management, in the organisation of the extra – curricular and extra – school activities;
– the increase of each school prestige in the local community, in front of the students’ families;
– a larger openness of each of the schools towards the other countries, involving the teachers, the students and their families.
At the level of the other local schools:
– the possibility to share this new experience with the local schools by organizing
* debates on the project themes;
* exhibitions with the project end – products;
* seminar and conference.
– the promoting of the intercultural education in schools
At the community level:
– a better involvement of parents as active partners in the structuring, development and evaluation of the project activities;
– the creation of a good opportunity for each school for organising local partnerships
– a close collaboration with the local mass – media: magazines, newspapers….
The European Commission support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents which reflect the views only of the authors and the Commission cannot be held responsi¬ble for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.