Sustainable development is a real question in the education system. This project was born from the need to provide schools with concrete tools to integrate the sustainable developement in the everyday life of schools . The citizen of tomorrow will be an eco one. The students, teachers and staff have to discover the complexity of thier environment, to find their place there and to become aware of the possibilities to develop sustainable habits.
The education to environnement leans on every discipline and cannot be made without interdisciplinary .
Vocational schools are confrotned with a large number of ecological challenges because they are at the same time :
• Schools with classic environmental problems of schools (paper, recycling, light…)
• Professional workshops with ecological problmes of a company : how to include the sustainable development in a daily professional activity
The specific objectives are the following:
* to integrate vocational schools in a local, national and international pathway for a change in the direction of improved durability of the relationships between the man and his environement
* to develop a reflectiv inquiry on school quality and the vision that the school itself and its role in the society
* to build skills through action plans adopted by all, to cope with change in the educational community
* to strengthen relationships between the schools and their own territory and thus contribute to the change of the local community
* to improve students’ school performance by equipping them with practical skills in the fields of sustainable education for a period of 3 years
* to enhance students’ , teacher’s and staff’s engagement and motivation to implent the sustainable habits
The main idea is to work on scientific basis for all the project length, starting from an initial survey in each partner school through specific forms collaboratively made by project partners at the beginning of the project.
We want to integrate the whole educational community: pupils, parents, teachers but also staff of management, administrator, maintenance staff to arouse a real global approach and to build links of external partners of schools.
The partner schools will work on 6 topics: food, biodiversity, waste, water, energy, solidarity.
They will extend their thoughts to wider issues (municipal, regional and international) and take further initiatives.
We can present the methodology in 6 steps :
1. Build a project team open to all project stakeholders
2. Make the diagnosis: before acting and exchange it is important to know the initial state from the 6 themes. The diagnosis provides information on the existing points to deepening and on which we must communicate. Throughout this stage it is necessary to develop indicators to measure and evaluate. The visible results and give an idea of the state of things and to measure progress Teachers accompany the project by associating it with a real pedagogical approach. the project is well placed in relation to the curriculum in different lessons.
3. Compare diagnostics, highlight the strengths of partners
4. Inform to alert
5. From the observations made during diagnosis, priorities will be retained and an equity agenda to achieve established.
6. Engage with creativity – Innovation phase
The European Commission support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents which reflect the views only of the authors and the Commission cannot be held responsi¬ble for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.